Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Death Star Run (Alpha 1)

by Lord Ashes
Wii Homebrew games.

Lord Ashes' Notes
==================
I wish I had a more polished verion for you. The latest compiles for this game took approx 18 hours. The latest version still has a few bugs that I fixed but the compile has been running for over 24 hours and is still not done. So I am posting what I have. If I manage to compile the revised version I will post it but as a seperate file so that members can judge me based on what I had finished by the deadline.

A few notes:
- Please read the instructions in the game, they provide the story line, explains controls, and show you what you are up against. They are not just some cheesy instruction pages.
- Note the slight drift on the Instruction page making it look like the cockpit is actually flying.
- Note that the x-wing firing alternates from the left and right wing.
- Note that firing reduces the photos energy and thus after about 4 shots you need to let the photo energy recharge. Scale for photos is shown on bottom right.
- Note being hit by enemy fire (except t-fighter rockets) drains shields. After about 5 hits you lose all your shields (next hit kills you). Scale for shields is shown on bottom left.
- You can press A to skip the intro animation but please watch it at least once.
- Pressing 1 restarts the level.
- Pressing 2 accesses the Game Menu (which is also a pause).
- You can use the Level option to jump to different levels as follows:

Button 1 = 1
Button 2 = 2
Button A = 3
Button B = 4
Button - = 5
Button + = 6

Level 1 = 1234
Level 2 = 2463
Level 3 = 3645
Level 4 = 4654

Known Issues:
- No score and high score
- Controller for Level 4 is visible in the top right corner of the screen

DOWNLOAD (1)
News Source (1)(2)